To minimise the risk of virus transmission, face masks prevent you from breathing in the infection via airborne droplets.
How to properly wear a surgical face mask:
Before you handle the mask, apply hand sanitiser or wash your hands thoroughly with warm, soapy water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Ensure the coloured side of the mask is facing outward, away from your face.
- Loop the strings over your ears or tie around your head.
- Stretch the mask over your face to completely cover your nose, mouth and chin.
- Use two fingers to press the concealed metal wire down to fit over the bridge of your nose.
- If properly positioned, avoid touching the mask again to prevent any risk of virus transmission.
If you need to adjust the mask, make sure to wash your hands first.
To safely remove the face mask:
- After sanitising your hands, remove the mask from behind by holding the strings between your fingers.
- Deposit directly into the rubbish bin without touching the front of the mask.
- Thoroughly wash or sanitise your hands to finish.
Wanting to buy disposable face masks? Browse the full range of facial protection options right here at Australia's number one online medical supplies marketplace, MedCart Australia.